History‎ > ‎

August 23rd- Work Night

posted Aug 26, 2012, 2:17 PM by Sue Line RailRoad   [ updated Aug 26, 2012, 2:30 PM ]
Life can not always be fun, sometimes you have to work.
Tonight was such a night.
Tonight was the night for the final pieces of the Third District to be put in place.

Initially the area had to be cleaned up before anything could be moved.
Rodney Dixon (above, left) and Danny Garland (above, center) started to move things
to make place for the new pieces of the Third District.

Once the area was cleaned up, the refrigerator had to be move.
With that done, Jim Willis (above, white shirt) is
looking at the extension of the Third District over the sink.

Rob Robbins (above, yellow shirt) and Jim Willis(above, white shirt) are
making sure everything is straight and level.

Marvin Bennett Jr (above, dark shirt) and Rob Robbins (above, yellow shirt)
are checking the location of the final module of the Third District.

Jim Willis (above, white shirt) and Danny Garland (above, red shirt)
are discussing "what goes where".

Paul Harwell (above, black Hat) and Marvin Bennett, Jr.(above, no hat)
stabilize the base unit so it can be attached to the wall.

Jim Willis (above, white shirt) and Marvin Bennett, Jr. (above, dark shirt)
Stabilize the unit before attachment to the wall.

Danny Garland (above) takes a break during the work session.

Next came the extension into the Hidden Yard.

Rob Robbins (above) attaches the supports to the Hidden Yard trackage.

After every thing is attached, Rob Robbins (above)
attaches the homosote sub base plywood.

While the  Third District was  "under construction",
if was a good time for  a car check.
Rob Robbins (above) prints out location lists for the car checkers.

Marvin Bennett, Jr. (above) is checking cars in Keithville.

Charlie DeVillbiss (above) is about to check the cars in the I-49 Yards.

The car checking group was led by Mose Crews (above, file photo).

Also on the car checking crew was Lionel Brangham (above, file photo).

Paul Harwell (above, file photo) was also busy on the car checking crew.

Ken Ellison (above, file photo)  was busy both upstairs and down.
Ken Ellison also took the photos of this session.