History‎ > ‎

January 13th- Another new Friend

posted Jan 16, 2011, 12:38 PM by Sue Line RailRoad   [ updated Jan 16, 2011, 1:23 PM ]
Rob O'Neal (below, left) who's day job is to run a Sperry Railcar dropped by at the suggestion of Troy Rogers, a old friend who visited last week.

Rob brought whith him one of his locomotives (above, right) which we can readily do with DCC, but rarely did with Railcommand.

Back again was Lionel Brangham (above, left) a friend of Rodney Dixon (above, right).

Danny Garland (above) once again took on the duties of the Shreveport Yard Master on the north end of the railroad.

And Charlie DeVillbiss (above) took on the duties of the Alexandria Yard Master at the south end of the railroad.

Jim Willis (above) was the Shreveport Public Operator.

And Jason Busey (above) did his turn as the Maryville- E-Branch Operator (MOp).

Ken Ellison (above) kept trains running on the mainline,

                            along with Rob Robbins (above).

Lionel Brangham (above, left) seen taking with Ken Ellison (above, right) was on the extra board.

                            Rodney Dixon (above) was also on the extra board.

                                                       Carefully hidden is Ron O'Neal (above) who also
                                                       worked the extra board.

The session went smoothly once again under the hands and eye of David Colvin (above) who was dispatcher, train master, and installing decoders (hence the headlight).


The Kepler Red Line once again made steam history on the Sue Line.


Jim Willis (above, far background), Danny Garland (above, middle) and Ken Ellison (above, right) in the Shreveport Area.

Ken Ellison (above, left) and Lionel Brangham (above, right) in the I-49 West Yard at Blanchard.

Jason Busey (above, left) on the E-Branch, Rob Robbins (above, center) on the main in Leming and Rob O'Neal (above, right, background) at work on main at Robert's Crossing.

Jim Willis (above, left) and Rodney Dixon (above, right) at te south end of Shreveport.

The best part of the evening was that my wife Sue (above) was home after having another extensive back surgery ( with 12 inches of staples in her back, but no leg or foot pain). Sue was so glad to be home again.